There are different plumbing system in a house— the water supply system, the drain-waste-vent system, the kitchen plumbing system, the bathroom plumbing system. A home plumbing system is a complicated network of pipes, it might be a water supply pipes, drain pipes and vent pipes The plumbing system of our home is an important part of the house to maintain and secure since it is the costliest system to repair and needs understanding for its complex system.
To maintain and secure your plumbing system, you need a plumber. A plumber is a person who specializes in installing and maintaining plumbing systems for drainage and sewage or for the home’s water supply. You need a qualified and professional plumber to ensure an efficient plumbing system in your home.
You should find a plumber whom you can trust. To do this, you have to ask for some recommendations as to who their plumber is, and ask them what the plumber did for them and the reason why they recommend the plumber.
Hiring a plumber might be costly for you, to have an efficient yet affordable plumbing system and plumber. Try estimating your plan and ask the plumber if the budget fits with his professional fee and if the budget can provide an efficient plumbing system.
According to phccweb.org, A qualified and pro plumber must have these skills, interests, and values:
- He or she ensures the safety standards and building regulations are met during the installation and maintenance.
- He or she is aware of the legal regulations and safety issues in plumbing system installation and maintenance.
- He or she must know how to test the pipes of the plumbing system for leaks using the air and water pressure gauges.
- He or she must know how to join pipes and fit pipes together by using soldering technique, compression fittings, threaded fittings and push-on fittings.
- He or she must know how to measure the length of the pipes needed for the plumbing system.
- He or she must know how to measure, cut, bend and thread the pipes of the plumbing system by using hand and power tools or machine.
- He or she must know where to locate and mark the positions for pipe connections, passage holes of the pipe and fixtures of the pipe in the walls and floors of your house.
- He or she must have an experience in installation, repair, and maintenance of domestic, commercial and industrial plumbing fixtures and systems.
- He or she must be an expert in criticizing inadequacy of the plumbing appliance and system.
- He or she must be a reliable expert in diagnosing the cause of the fault of the plumbing appliance and system.
- He or she must have a quick and excellent solution of the fault of the plumbing appliance and system.
- He or she must know how to read the specifications and drawings to determine the best layout of the plumbing system to supply water and for the waste and venting system.
With the checklist, we hope that you can find the qualified and professional plumber you have been looking.